Our memory care residences within The Delaney provide the safety, security, people, trained staff and programs to help preserve the things that bring meaning and order to your loved one’s life. Each day our mission is to provide Alzheimer’s care and dementia care that enriches the lives of our residents by creating success stories and by encouraging and celebrating their interests and abilities.
Heartfelt CONNECTIONS - A Memory Care Program®
The Delaney is the only place for memory care in Waco, TX, to feature the renowned Heartfelt CONNECTIONS - A Memory Care Program® for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias. This person-centered philosophy is grounded in the belief that the abilities that remain are far more important than those that are lost.
Our team employs reminiscence tools to help our residents’ family members and loved ones capture the details of residents’ lives—their careers, hobbies, likes and dislikes. We then apply the insights gained from each life story to create an individualized care plan that promotes physical and emotional well-being, prolongs daily functioning and maintains a sense of purpose, satisfaction and quality of life.
Learn more about Heartfelt CONNECTIONS - A Memory Care Program® by downloading the brochure below.Download the Brochure
Health and Wellness Navigation
The Delaney is committed to providing a holistic approach to your loved one’s total health and well-being.
That’s why we provide a highly trained senior Health and Wellness Navigation team, who work personally with residents to anticipate health and wellness needs and to address them. They’ll guide your loved one through the many programs, services, and amenities we offer that focus on all 8 Dimensions of Wellness to ensure overall physical, psychological and social well-being. Our Navigation team will also provide guidance through any medical challenges that may lie ahead, offering assistance with:
- Preparation and follow-up for outpatient or hospital care
- Coordination of appointments and arrangement of transportation
- Coordination of post-acute care or in-residence wellness checks and the delivery of specific nutritional meals
- Transitioning you to higher levels of care whenever you may need it
At The Delaney, we know that the way we provide our services is just as important as the services themselves.
That’s why everything starts with Extraordinary Impressions®—our culture of gracious hospitality and service, which ensures that each interaction with our residents and their families is meaningful and memorable. You can be sure our team will provide your loved one with the kind of respect and dignity they deserve, while at the same time offering them the very best in personal care. Below are just some of the personal services we provide:
- Assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing, dressing and grooming and medication management
- Convenient transportation to a wide variety of scheduled events and outings
- Courteous, proficient housekeeping services weekly, including personal laundry and linens
- Nurse onsite 24 hours a day to ensure the health and safety needs of your loved one are always met
Every detail of memory care at The Delaney supports our mission to offer the highest quality care in an environment that feels like home.
Here are some of the residential services we provide:
- Memory boxes outside every door to cue each resident’s home
- Points of interest and Life Stations to stimulate conversation or create spontaneous interaction
- Custom clothing closet designed to put each day’s outfit within easy reach
- Safety and security ensured, with memory care residences in two smaller, family-like neighborhoods with 24/7 staffing
- Prompt and complete maintenance of residences and gathering spaces
- Meticulous lawn care and grounds maintenance to ensure that the memory care facilities of The Delaney will always look beautiful and inviting
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared dining with a delightful menu, ranging from gourmet cuisine to bistro fare
- Full service, hair salon and spa so residents can look and feel their very best
- Open concept dining room, kitchen and living room area perfect socializing and relaxation
- Wellness programs to help residents live their best lives
- The Great Hall, a perfect place to meet friends for memorable get-togethers
Intimate, family-style featuring a delicious, healthy menu of fresh, chef-prepared dishes to cater to every taste and nutritional need. A warm, open, eat-in kitchen where your loved one can share meals with friends. That’s dining at The Delaney, and it doesn’t get any better than that!
Residents can stay active by joining in fun physical activities conducted by caregivers in our memory care neighborhood.
Favorite pastimes and new skills can be enjoyed and developed through participating in arts and crafts activities.
Our smaller, family-like memory care neighborhoods feature an inviting open kitchen, living room, and dining area that provide the perfect spaces to gather and mingle.
Floor Plans & Pricing
Our beautiful, secure memory care apartments include everything you want for your loved one to feel comfortable and safe. Each suite features a bright, sunny interior and many purposeful design touches, like memory boxes outside each door and custom closets that put each day’s outfit within easy reach. You’ll feel a real sense of comfort and security from the way we’ve arranged the residences into two, smaller, family-like neighborhoods, and you can fill your loved one’s suite with personal mementos to truly make it feel like home. Utilities? Most are included. View our pricing and take a look at our comfortable studio and semi-private suite floor plans to see which one is right for your loved one.View Floor Plans
Meet The Team
Ken brings to the job management expertise spanning more than 20 years. He has specialized in operations, customer service and start-up operations serving seniors of independent living, assisted living and memory support. He is responsible for the community's day-to-day operations.
RN, BSN, Director of Health Services
Director of Life Enrichment